Why become a member? ×

Peavey TKO80 80w 15" Combo

MoJoKe

Hi again guys, having a bit of a clearout!

These TKO80's were absolutely great amps, and this one still is! I bought this second hand a good few years ago from a guy who was using it as a practice amp for his keyboard. He practiced in the garage, so its quite tatty, but cool with it(!), it works a treat, and its tone and volume easily belies its age and its 80watts! It really is very loud!

Its a Scorpion speakered one and sounds great. I used it for the odd gig, but its been in the cupboard under the stairs, unused for quite some time. It doesn't rattle or flap, it just does the job well, and would be ideal for a first, cheap starter amp, easily enough for small gigs.

I am completely open to offers on this one, as I am trying to raise enough to afford my new MarkBass 151 Jeff Berlin and any contribution would help, and it'd be good to see it back to work, as it has a good few years left in it!!

I'll try to get some pictures up if I can!

Edited by MoJoKe

I really am open to [i]any[/i] offers on this one, guys! I won't be offended!

I know its old but works well, and would make an ideal first amp. I used it last night at a rehearsal just to make sure!

Pics later this evening.....

£20?

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='33148' date='Jul 17 2007, 05:22 PM']I really am open to [i]any[/i] offers on this one, guys! I won't be offended!

I know its old but works well, and would make an ideal first amp. I used it last night at a rehearsal just to make sure!

Pics later this evening.....[/quote]

[quote name='overwater#1' post='33295' date='Jul 17 2007, 09:57 PM']£20?[/quote]

Ah now yer possibly bein daft! Not the offer, thats a really good starter for 10! I think someone will better this, but I thought you were interested in the other one!

I will genuinely take the highest bid on this wot I have received by Midnight on Sunday! To hell with evilbay, lets do it here, in public!!!

Ok then. I was being a bit daft offering that, but if I can have it for that I will. I just want a smallish all in one combo for rehersals, although I do fancy the Cube, its a bit out of my price range at the moment, as my priority is to get me a carved double bass! :) You will have to post it though, although I will pay for that...
Thanks,
Matt

Well good on yer and good luck Matt!!

Now the rest of you feel free to chime in, while I see if I can find some celebrity provenence (harhar!) to add value to this ordinary, slightly tatty but great sounding amp!!

Photos tonight, I promise!!

There you go chaps.....! See! Tatty but classy!

I was wrong about the wattage, its actually 80w, but doesn't sound it at all! I used it at a rehearsal on Monday in my local pub (more "free music for the lads" than rehearsal!!) , and it was easily loud enough to deal with two guitarists with 50w fenders and a drummer who uses telegraph poles!

It is 70cm high (on its castors) by 57cm wide and 32cm deep. No idea of the weight, but the scorpion speaker is no lightweight, and delivers the goods!

Feel free to chime in with a bid at any time up to midnight on Sunday!!!

[quote name='aj5string' post='33898' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:06 PM']Could you ship? How close to exeter are you?

Cheers! Alex.[/quote]

I live closer to Newton Abbot than exeter, and work in Exmouth, so happy to deliver anywhere between or within 10 miles ish of either for a pint!

I was PM'd last night, and we now have a highest bid of [b]£40[/b].

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='33969' date='Jul 19 2007, 07:34 AM']I live closer to Newton Abbot than exeter, and work in Exmouth, so happy to deliver anywhere between or within 10 miles ish of either for a pint!

I was PM'd last night, and we now have a highest bid of [b]£40[/b].[/quote]

I have family and friends around there who could collect you see :)

I'll have a think!

[quote name='overwater#1' post='35475' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:38 AM']Fraid looking back it may be a little too big for what I need. I was after a cheap Roland Cube alternative..! :huh: Something to carry in one hand, bass in t'uther. Hmmm, never mind, I need a double bass god dammit :)[/quote]

At the moment its AJ5string's at £25, so he's up for a real bargain at the moment!!

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='35492' date='Jul 22 2007, 11:11 AM']At the moment its AJ5string's at £25, so he's up for a real bargain at the moment!![/quote]

Yes, I could offer more, but Im just thinking of the room in my bedroom, really no room at all, plus my friend is lending me an electric piano long term, there are no free walls at all now!! haha, seen as I already have say, the Trace Elliot equivalent to this, the old 70's GP11 combo! If it were a lot smaller I would have it! hmmm :)

• 4 weeks later...