Why become a member? ×

Saturday Night Fever-who was the bassplayer

wombatboter

[quote name='StevePearceBass' post='1069632' date='Dec 26 2010, 03:53 PM']HaHaHa!.......Sorry, once I wrote one name down, I felt I had to include everyone!....Meaning that Rolf Harris was a lovely, generous geezer who walked in and had a laugh with the band making for an easy and productive session and Natalie Cole wasn't!....So whether you think that Rolf is more of a legend than Natalie doesn't really matter in the end......They're all part of me being a pro muso for 35+ years and I tried to play my best for all of them!......(harder to do for some than others).......Bass is best!....Steve.[/quote]
Good luck to you - although it looks like luck has nothing to do with it. Looked at your YouTube vid of the Joni Mitchell song...loved it.

[quote name='doctorbass' post='316594' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:57 AM']Disco Inferno was definately played by Ronnie Baker of the Trammps.

He was well known for his deep, thumping bass, heavy flatwounds, loads of foam under the bridge to mute the strings - he truly believed that a bass was meant to sound like a bass!!

He died some years ago.[/quote]

Is there a particular youtube clip which shows off his signature sound?