Why become a member? ×

iPad Pro Tablet Debacle

I just thought I would post this in the hope that it might prevent a similar situation developing for one of you.

I needed to upgrade my iPad 2 to something with a larger memory and ended up with an iPad Pro. I opted for the larger Pro, which at one point this week, I began to regret.

Without entering into the great 'tablet on stage' debate, I only ever use it for dep gigs, which I seem to be accumulating rapidly this year.

I had survived for quite some time with this Konig & Meyer, which is clearly not adjustable, but was perfectly suited to my iPad 2....

Without much thought and because I just assumed it would fit, I bought the Hercules Tab Grab on line. I have loads of Hercules stuff which have all weathered very well indeed. I did note that the Tab Grab took tablets up to 12.1" which is what I thought the iPad Pro was, but didn't measure it. I know, schoolboy error! So, it arrived and it was too small. By a very tiny margin. Annoyingly tiny. I do think Hercules are missing a trick, but that's their business.

I offloaded the Tab Grab to a friend who had just bought the smaller iPad Pro and she was very pleased with it. It is a great piece of kit, but it just needs an upgrade.

I then set about trying to find one that did cater for what I needed it for. Ironically, I did look at Konig & Meyer, but didn't see one that took the iPad Pro.

Here is the main purpose of this thread. I then bought one of these....

What complete and utter garbage it is. If you look closely, you will see two pathetic looking springs which essentially holds the whole thing together. The sliding pieces of the frame have no runners in them whatsoever. Without the springs, the two sides of the holder completely disengage from each other. On my very first attempt at putting my iPad into it, both springs sheared away from their fixings. I've sent it back and I'm waiting for a refund.

So, third time lucky. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but I took delivery of a Konig & Meyer 19791 Universal Tablet Holder this morning. I ordered it over the phone from DV247 and they couldn't have been more helpful.

It's good news this time as it fits and is also another quality piece of kit from K & M. Well done them. So, if you're looking for a holder for an iPad Pro 12.9", I recommend this....

I'm not 100% sure, but I bought the springy piece of crap from a company that I believe make their own gear.

When I sent an e-mail airing my grievance I was informed [size=4]"[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]This can happen when the instructions are not followed. It is one of our most popular items". I beg to differ, but I would rather have my money back.[/font][/color][/size]