Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-76 'Stingray' SOLD
£1500

I'm tentatively offering for sale my very rare USA Lakland 55-76. With a wide 19mm string spacing, this is surely the Holy Grail for lovers of the Musicman Stingray 5 sound, but who find its string spacing a bit tight! Lakland only made these for a short time in the early 2000's - this example in Lake Placid Blue metallic is from 2002.

It's in excellent condition, the only issues being a few small dings on the tip of the headstock, and a tiny crack in the paint at the edge of the neck pocket. The previous owner had a back injury, so it has a flush Dunlop Straplok fitting for a custom strap in an unusual location under the lower horn, but it's not very visible. Other than that, the body and neck are unmarked.

It has a Bartolini 3-band EQ, with a three way coil tap switch. Controls are volume push-pull active/passive, and treble, middle and bass cut/boost, each with centre click. It's fitted with domed chrome knobs, but the original Lakland rubberised ones are also included. It's 35" scale, with bridge or through-body stringing.

It comes with two scratchplates I had made for it, a large pearl white 'Stingray' style one, and a smaller blue plate. They're only held in place with double sided tape, so can easily be changed over or removed completely. It was PLEK'd and serviced last year, and plays beautifully, with a slim neck and a low action, and at 3.9kg is really light for a 5, with great balance. A lined, padded G&G style hard case in good condition is also included.

It's a lovely bass, so all in all I'm not that keen to sell, but I've got a couple of other Lakland 5's, so it doesn't get a lot of use. As I'm not in any hurry to shift it, the price of £1500 including UK shipping is firm, so no mad offers please. Sorry, but I'm also not looking for any trades.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead