Why become a member? ×

Anyone experience of the Fender Mexican Deluxe Jazz

jaketheape

Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience playing the new 2017 Fender Mexican Deluxe Jazz and what their thoughts are on it in comparison to say a standard mexican and the more expensive American Elite.

I tried a standard Mex and thought it was a beaut but have seen these Deluxe versions online (MIM) but havent got a chance to try and test one out. Tested an Elite today and was impressed. Does the Mexican Deluxe slot in the middle in terms of build quality/tone etc and do you think the extra £900 to go from Deluxe (£1093) to Elite (£1900) is necessarily worth it ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Mexican deluxe basses are lovely, certainly not £900 "worse".

I played an elite jazz the other week and it was belting.

It's more a case of trying them side by side. If you can afford both then have fun with the process, and if you choose MIM you've got a spare grand to keep yourself happy, if you prefer the Elite - you've made the right choice for you and spent well.

For my 2 cents worth, you tried the MIM and really liked it. If you have made a connection with that particular bass buy it and love it. I have found that some MIM fender stuff is nicer to play than some of the USA gear. You will have saved a ton of money and if the sound isn't cutting it you can always replace the pick ups. The other thing is I think the Deluxe range has an active circuit so if you want more tone shaping options it's maybe worth it for you.

Edited by Crawford13