• advertisement_alt

Stolen Jaydee Supernatural

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1491481832' post='3273382']
Details here, keep 'em peeled

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=453391991659144&id=100009650420844
[/quote]

STOLEN JAYDEE SUPERNATURAL BASS
Whilst sending my Jaydee Series III Supernatural bass - which I've owned and loved for over 28 years - from Denmark to the UK for some repair work, the <insert adjectives/expletives here> that I entrusted to deliver it managed to, in their words, "misplace" it during transit. These morons are called Ecoparcel. Never, ever, use their "services"! Here's why...

In a nutshell, the bass was collected on March 14th, delivered to a depot somewhere in Denmark on the 15th and has never been seen again. After waiting for a delivery update for eight days I finally contacted them on March 23rd to see what the hell was going on. Ecoparcel, to add insult to injury and prove beyond any doubt that they couldn't give a sh*t, kindly appointed a Customer Service TRAINEE (and I mean no disrespect to the the young lady, who is just doing her job - sort of) to "investigate". Almost immediately, nothing happened...

On March 26th, I was told that "the depot has started a search last Friday. If your parcel is not found in 9 working days of investigation, I will give you the information for the claiming procedure. I will also contact you if there are any changes".

Since then, no contact and no changes - despite my requests for updates. As such, the only conclusion I can draw is that my bass has been STOLEN and I would kindly ask that anyone seeing it for sale please let me or the police ([email protected]) know. If you would also be kind enough to share this post and spread the word that would be highly appreciated too.

The details of the bass are as follows:

Jaydee Series III Supernatural bass, in dark red with chrome hardware, serial number 77245 stamped on the top of the back of the headstock. The bass was packed inside a black ABS Thomann flight case, which was inside a cardboard box with "Thomann" and "Music is our passion" written on the sides.

The outward appearance is almost immaculate, however the neck needs a new truss-rod and the pickup selector switch does not work in the "neck position" (which is why I was sending it back to Jaydee Custom Guitars in the first place).

To make it even easier to find, "Steve Hollas" is/was engraved in bold white letters on the back control cavity plate! (Please note that I didn't have a picture of this, but the attached Photoshopped image is just as accurate. The rest are 100% unaltered).

Please see the attached pictures and accept my heartfelt thanks for reading this post. — feeling heartbroken.

What a nightmare that must be, I feel for you. That has to be the thing we all fear when posting a bass.
I'd still hold out a little ray of hope that it will turn up.. but 3 weeks is quite a while now.
Hopefully you had it fully insured, it won't take away the pain but may help you in planning to find another.
All the best and hope it shows up.