Why become a member? ×

Fenderbird...so it begins.

NancyJohnson

I'll say from the outset that this is going to be slow and messy, no doubt.

It wouldn't be a lie to say that I've gone through a lot of Thunderbirds over the years, but recently my thoughts have turned to bolting something together and applying one of those vinyl decals over the body with my band name on it ('Who Killed Nancy Johnson?').

Last night I procured a banana coloured loaded Epiphone body. I have chisels. I have parts. Lots of parts.

Mwahahaaar!

So here's the body...I suppose I'll rub it back a bit and spray it black...

Our logo looks like this. I have full artistic control over it, so I can retain the aspect ratio of the words but resize accordingly.

...which should hopefully give me this kind of look:

I'm unsure how the Epiphone pickups sound, so for the time being, I'll leave them in situ. I'd like to just have either a single volume control and a pickup selector switch or just a single volume control (both pickups wired together somehow).

Edited by NancyJohnson

I like that....even if it isn't actually a Fenderbird per se...yet... :D

If you don't like the Epi ones, the routs will fit a lot of different pickups. I had EMGs in one of mine, and I've got Dingwalls in there at the mo... Again, if humbuckers aren't what you're after, you can get split coil P-types in that shape, too.

I'll get everything together and see where we stand. I suspect (looking online) that I might go with either Jazz Bass Special neck or an Aerodyne Jazz Bass neck. Thought had crossed my mind about a used Moses or a leftie Status Stingray neck. Anyhoo, early days.