Why become a member? ×

Wal MK1 1983 £4000
£3500

Andy

The £3500 is an error that I don't seem to be able to edit out - apologies for my IT incompetence!
Sale Price £4000 (no trades sorry)

My 1983 Wal Mk1 for sale in great condition.

W2142 produced in July 1983 and signed off by Ian Waller.

This bass is only showing the very slightest sign of any play wear. The frets are in excellent condition and the tuners look new with no tarnishing whatsoever. The body is in perfect condition.

There are a few minor lacquer dings on the tip of the headstock (pics below) and one small one on the neck.

It plays superbly (it's been set up and the electrics serviced by Paul Herman at Wal).

The sound is everything you'd expect from an 80's Wal :)

The only very minor I'd point out is that it looks like an original string tree has been removed or come away from the headstock and then been replace by a unit in a different position (pictured)[attachment=241421:IMG_1666.JPG][attachment=241422:IMG_1664.JPG][attachment=241423:IMG_1665.JPG][attachment=241424:IMG_1668-2.JPG][attachment=241425:IMG_1669-2.JPG][attachment=241426:IMG_1674.JPG][attachment=241427:IMG_1675.JPG][attachment=241428:IMG_1679.JPG][attachment=241429:IMG_1739.JPG][attachment=241430:IMG_1741.JPG][attachment=241431:IMG_1740.JPG]

Edited by Andy

Hi Andy,
I'm interested in this beautiful WAL Bass.
Could you give the most precise weight ?
I live in France, and have to know how many euros it makes , 4100 , 4200 €
What about the shipping ?
I have built some basses on Basschat ( Clarky in London, James Alderton in Aberdeen, etc..), you can ask them about me and have some feedback.
Cheers
Christophe

[quote name='cm996996' timestamp='1490313970' post='3264310']
Hi Andy,
I'm interested in this beautiful WAL Bass.
Could you give the most precise weight ?
I live in France, and have to know how many euros it makes , 4100 , 4200 €
What about the shipping ?
I have built some basses on Basschat ( Clarky in London, James Alderton in Aberdeen, etc..), you can ask them about me and have some feedback.
Cheers
Christophe
[/quote] I'll PM you Christophe :)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1490317433' post='3264322']
I played this Wal on Tuesday and it's an amazing example.

Buy with confidence people. Andy is an honest and genuine guy.
[/quote]
Thanks for the vote of confidence Warren :)

Only 33 Wals away from mine, based on the serial number...

I can shed some light on the string-tree thing. Wals of that period originally had only a single tree holding the D & A strings. It was positioned where this OP's bass has a buried screw between the E and G tuning posts. Problem is, the single tree sometimes left the G string without quite enough break angle over the nut (this was the case on my bass). Paul H changed mine to the arrangement on the OP's bass when it went in for its first "service" after he took over the business. So the string tree isn't an issue - it's what Paul routinely does I think to fix a characteristic of basses from that period.

Lovely bass by the way, if only I was rich...