Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling HS 4 USA With Case TRADED please remove
£850

ash

Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling HS 4 USA model from 2007

Lightweight at 4kgs with original Musicman case. Not to be confused with the Indonesian made Sterling Rays and Subs this is the real thing and is in mint condition with a lovely slim neck and balanced smaller body. I bought an old JV Precision at the same time as I got this and I prefer the simplicity of the JV. I just don't get on with active basses! I had it restrung and set up by my local luthier and I'd like to recoup my costs. No trades sorry. I can post in the UK at buyers cost

The bass is active of course. The 5 position switch selector provides instant access to variations in the way the pickups work. See the link provided by Quatschmacher below.
It also has the usual Sterling 3 band EQ producing a wide range of tones and is powered by a 9v battery.

Edited by ash

The pickup switching is different from how you've described it. There's a very good description and diagram on the musicman website here (scroll down and click on "control function diagrams"):

https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/sterling

It's worth noting that this model doesn't do the classic Stingray tone (which is the humbucker in PARALLEL). The HS model only does the humbucker in series. (The single H model does both series and parallel).

Still a lovely bass and really cool to have a single coil with phantom in the neck position.

Edited by Quatschmacher