Why become a member? ×

2002 Mexican Fender Precision Bass in orange. £250 SOLD
£250

Jonse

Bought this on here about three years ago with the intent of getting a family member into playing a musical instrument. Let's just say it hasn't been touched in the last three years. I believe it was originally sold on here by Davy and in turn I bought it from highwayone. I believe this would make a great modding platform or a decent upgrade from a beginner's instrument. [attachment=240639:IMG_20170315_170915.jpg]

[u][b]The good points: [/b][/u]

Lovely orange finish! (Was originally blue at some stage)
(Incredibly loud) US Fender pickup and decent looking electronics
Nice, straight and fat precision neck. Feels wide but shallow. Really lets you throttle the life out of it on those punk tunes.
Stays in tune well
Lots of life left in the frets
Decently low action

[u][b]The not so good points:[/b][/u]

Strange dents in the pickguard (been there ever since I've had it)
Two mismatched tuner screws (look like pickguard screws. They hold and there's no real risk of any wood splitting)
Some buzz when not in contact with the bass, mainly due to the dilapidated wiring in my house and no shielding in the control cavity. Never have had the time to get around to addressing that.
Some minor nicks and dents of which don't photograph well.

That's about it really. I'm willing to ship (in a gigbag, inside a guitar box with packaging) for an extra £20. Alternatively you can collect (Leicester) or I'm willing to meet you half way if it's a reasonable distance.

More pictures available at the link [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aa6is5p0j7y0xz5/AAA_Ml23FL-3xwKO4vNxo3tKa?dl=0"]here[/url].

Any more questions please message me.
Jonse.

Edited by Jonse

• 2 weeks later...