Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Classic 50's Precision
£650

Raslee

These basses need little introduction and are totally superb P basses in my opinion punching way above their weight. This one is up for sale/trade with a heavy heart but I need to sell on to fund some upgrades to my other basses that I regularly gig with.

This bass comes as standard plus the additional upgrades of a tort guard (original anodized gold plate also included) and a hipshot D-tuner (original tuner included).

Stock pic (actual pics below):

The Fender 50s Precision Bass Features:[list]
[*]Body: Alder
[*]Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
[*]Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" Radius (184 mm)
[*]No. of Frets: 20 Vintage Style Frets
[*]Pickups: 1 Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup (Mid)
[*]Controls: Volume, Tone
[*]Pickup Switching: None
[*]Bridge: American Vintage Precision®/Jazz® Bass
[*]Machine Heads: Vintage Style Reverse Tuning Machines
[*]Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
[*]Pickguard : Gold Anodized Aluminum
[*]Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
[*]Width at Nut: 1.750" (44.5 mm)
[*]Unique Features: Vintage Styling, Anodized Aluminum Pickguard, Synthetic Bone Nut
[*]Strings: Fender Super Bass 7250ML, NPS,
[*]Gauges: (.045, .065, .080, .100)
[*]Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag included
[/list]
This bass was around £850 last year and is pretty much immaculate, I still have the receipt somewhere and the upgrades were around an extra £100. It's mainly been the home/studio bass and the tone is to die for, best P tone i've ever had to be honest.

I'm looking for bargain £550 as standard or [b]£650[/b] with upgrades + courier costs (around £20 or less in the UK or collect from South Devon UK).
or
Trades are very specific (plus cash my way):
John East Pre Uni deluxe 4 knob and/or a 5 knob version...ideally with all the knobs.
Aguilar 4J-60 pick ups (4string jazz)
Aguilar Supersingle D2 5 string (P2 size) pickups

....may at a push consider something like a Squier CV P bass and at least £450 my way.

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='DDR' timestamp='1489488249' post='3257299']
Great basses these, I love mine
[/quote] Yes I know I'll regret it, and will probably own another when funds permit. I much prefer this to my mates USA P too, the tone is very 'vintage' :)

[quote name='skb558' timestamp='1489774242' post='3259796']
I have an identical AV '57 version of this; great bass; lovely action and easy to play.
[/quote] Yes it's a great bass this one, really great precision thumb but smooth too...definitely a perfect soul/Funk bass 😎