Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L-2000 *sold*

mikety

Hi there!

So this excellent G&L bass was only bought about a month or so ago and, in my untimely wisdom, I've decided to venture into 5 and/or 6 string basses. I'm simply wanting to sell to help pay towards a new bass; its only fault being that it has 4 strings :)

I saw quite a faithful review of this bass in the 'bass review' section of the forum if you want to check that out. Anyways the bass has great playability and a deep clean tone, the tone being highly customisable at that with an active with treble/active/passive switch a series/parallel switch and a pickup selector for the two beefy humbuckers.

A brief run through of the spec: G&L Tribute L2000 Bass

* Pickups: 2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
* Body Wood: Swamp Ash
* Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
* Neck Radius: 12 inch (304.8mm)
* Neck Width at Nut: 1 3/4 inch (44.5mm)
* Tuning Keys: Open-back traditional tuners
* Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock bridge with nickel plated die-cast saddles
* Controls:
o G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics
o 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector
o series/parallel mini-toggle
o preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)

Shakey camera work there...apologies.

I'm asking for about £350+, as I've said before it's pretty much brand new and a great quality bass.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by mikety

[quote name='martthebass' post='312512' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:22 PM']Don't do it...............save yourself some grief and save up for a L2500/Ray5 and keep the Tribby. I love my new L2500 but I wouldn't be without a good 4 stringer.[/quote]

Hmm can't say I haven't considered it, this isn't my only 4 string however and I'm tight on money with being a student and all that. I'm sure it can be put to better use by a lucky buyer.

[quote name='The_D' post='313945' date='Oct 24 2008, 04:36 PM']Man I am tempted by this. Does it have a hardcase or anything with it? Are those straplocks fitted too?[/quote]

Not a hardcase unfortunately but it does come with a fairly nice fender gig bag.

As for the straplocks they're just standard strap pegs with small fabric washers. Sturdy as you like :)