Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Supernatural?

W1_Pro

Evening all,
been following this on eBay.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272548768270?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]http://www.ebay.co.u...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]
I must say the price is looking very healthy at the mo for the seller.
Is this bass a supernatural?
Looks more like a Roadie IIa to me- I admit I'm no expert, but paying £1200 notes plus, for a bass that if it is, is on the Jaydee website at £1455 brand new....well thats nuts isnt it?

Edited by W1_Pro

The Roadie is a Supernatural. The JayDee website states that the only Supernatural to have a black fronted headstock is the Roadie. The one on eBay was a Roadie Active which sells for £1455 new as W1 Pro said in the first post.
Whoever won it at £1200 clearly had not done their homework :unsure: and thought it was a full-blown Supernatural. I almost bid on myself and contacted the seller, but luckily he turned down the offer I made before doing the research that I should have done first.
He hadn't done anything wrong,just failed to state that it was a Roadie, which he must have known as he bought it new in 1999.
Bet he's laughing his head off :yarr:

[quote name='Maz LFC' timestamp='1487174980' post='3237774']
The Roadie is a Supernatural. The JayDee website states that the only Supernatural to have a black fronted headstock is the Roadie. The one on eBay was a Roadie Active which sells for £1455 new as W1 Pro said in the first post.
Whoever won it at £1200 clearly had not done their homework :unsure: and thought it was a full-blown Supernatural. I almost bid on myself and contacted the seller, but luckily he turned down the offer I made before doing the research that I should have done first.
He hadn't done anything wrong,just failed to state that it was a Roadie, which he must have known as he bought it new in 1999.
Bet he's laughing his head off :yarr:
[/quote]

I would be!

The seller messaged me today. It was won by a Ukelele dealer in Yorkshire who has failed to pay for it :rolleyes: He asked if I was still interested. I declined, being very glad he didn't take me up on the £1k I offered originally.I told him why, as it is a Roadie and as such far too expensive.
I've checked and the dearest Roadie of the 4 sold on eBay last year was £720. One only made £521 and a Series 2 Supernatural in lovely nick made £1119.(bargain).

[quote name='Maz LFC' timestamp='1487272905' post='3238582']
The seller messaged me today. It was won by a Ukelele dealer in Yorkshire who has failed to pay for it :rolleyes: He asked if I was still interested. I declined, being very glad he didn't take me up on the £1k I offered originally.I told him why, as it is a Roadie and as such far too expensive.
I've checked and the dearest Roadie of the 4 sold on eBay last year was £720. One only made £521 and a Series 2 Supernatural in lovely nick made £1119.(bargain).
[/quote]

The seller must be gutted, he must have thought he was on to a proper result. Those prices for secondhand Jaydee's sound about right to me- and as I said earlier I'm no expert- I would love to get my hands on a proper supernatural.

[quote name='Shabbs' timestamp='1487682609' post='3241758']
Perhaps no 2nd chance offers because he's bidding with a second account?
[/quote]
Controversial.....I have to say though, that bit in the listing about 'checking notes with a scanner' is a bit mental. I'm sure buying secondhand basses is not organised crimes route of choice for passing counterfeit cash.

It made £871 and again the buyer has backed out :rolleyes:He just messaged me again to offer it to me for £800.
Don't know what happened to 2nd chance this time ? B)
I respectfully declined again, pointing out that if the sale had gone through, he would have ended up with £784.
The original Case is absent too. It came with a Hiscox when new ?
Waiting to see if it's relisted again :gas: