Why become a member? ×

Any Rush fans with the Sector Boxed Sets?

Rush released the Sector boxed sets a few years back encompassing all their albums up to and including A Show of Hands.

There were two faults found on discs in the sets for which replacements were sent out to those who purchased them.

The discs that were replaced were the Fly By Night CD and the A Farewell To Kings DVD.

The fault on Fly By Night is easily heard; it's in the first few moments of Beneath, Between & Behind where the left channel drops out momentarily.

The other fault is supposedly on the stereo track of the DVD of A Farewell To Kings. It's said that the stereo channel only has the front two channels of the 5.1 mix.

I know it's only a minor thing, but I've managed to mix the replacement DVD with the original. I've listened to both at length and I'm stuffed if I can tell what the difference is.

I've noticed that the etched codes on the DVD's are different between the original and replacement.

Does anyone have AF2K in the Sector boxed set and replaced their DVD of AF2K? Is there a way of telling which is which for sure? Would you be able to tell me what the code on the replacement disc is please?

I'm aware it's insignificant in the overall scheme of things and if I can't hear it, it probably doesn't matter. Just though I'd ask :)

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1486331678' post='3230986']
A close up of the original DVD disc is on this page:
Rush: Rush Sector 2 - Album Artwork
[url="http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/imagedb-sector-2.php"]http://www.cygnus-x1...db-sector-2.php[/url]
[/quote]

Unfortunately the disc code is on the other side. Thanks anyway.