Why become a member? ×

Tablets Onstage

Yank

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to use a tablet at gigs. I plan to buy a iPad soon.

My main bands repertoire is something like 90 songs. The actual set list depends on the venue.

We have a choice of 3 vocalists who all sing in different keys, so there's 3 different arrangements for each vocal number.

We're currently adding new songs to that too, because we've got new residencies offered us recently. At rehearsal on Wednesday morning we ran through about 20 new ones.

So my folder contains something like 200 charts, an iPad will make things a lot easier.

I'm totally gig ready, I can read pretty much anything.

Edited by ambient

I rely on memory, guesswork, and well timed dirty looks at the keyboard player to get through the various setlists I have to remember, but I work with a fair few singers who use them. I think it's fair play though - all of them sing with multiple bands, do solo gigs, residencies etc, so have to keep a significant amount of 'stuff' in their heads. So long as it doesn't affect their stage presence and audience interaction then it's all good with me.