Why become a member? ×

Sold: Mesa Walkabout 1x12" 4 Ohm Combo
£750

BB2000

The head is in mint condition, whilst the cabinet only has a few scuffs to the corner protectors. It also has the original Mesa cover. One thing I have noticed with this amp is that the fan makes a noise when the amp is pointing up (as it is when mounted in the cab) but is silent when the amp is horizontal. I'm not sure if this is due to a worn fan or if all walkabouts are like this. I'm happy to ship at cost, which I guess it would be about £25-30 in the UK. (I don't have a suitable box, so may have to improvise with the packing by making one up).

Edited by BB2000

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1484168498' post='3213317']
That's a lovely looking combo. Excuse my ignorance but what wattage are these?
[/quote]

The head is rated at 300W into 4 ohms, and this combo has a 4 ohm speaker so supports the full 300W.

If using the head itself, it's not recommended to operate with a load less than 8/3 ohm, although plenty folk use it down to 2 ohm (if the power amp overheats the amp load is disconnected via a relay). In all cases the rating is 300W.

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1484171158' post='3213358']

The head is rated at 300W into 4 ohms, and this combo has a 4 ohm speaker so supports the full 300W.

If using the head itself, it's not recommended to operate with a load less than 8/3 ohm, although plenty folk use it down to 2 ohm (if the power amp overheats the amp load is disconnected via a relay). In all cases the rating is 300W.
[/quote]

Many thanks