Why become a member? ×

Spector

byrne182

I bought my Euro 5LX from a basschatter last year. It has an Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp which gives a wide range of tones to play with and the sound is huge. In all honesty, I was looking for a 4 string but the poplar burl finish won me over. Great bass.

Edited by skb558

I've owned a clutch of Spectors and really like the 5 string NS5XL's.

I think I had 3 of them at one point and finally whittled them down to just one that became my only gigging bass.

Then our female singer had to leave the band and I didn't really need that 5th string any more and I sold it - still miss that bass though :(

I've got one of the early SSD 5's lurking in my loft at the moment that we're trying to sell for someone. Same basic build as the later Spector 5's but with a 34" scale instead of 35".

I really can't tell the difference in tone and much prefer the shorter scale - may just dig it out tomorrow for a quick play :)

[quote name='ZilchWoolham' timestamp='1482950921' post='3203731'] Is there any song or video I could hear or watch that would give me a good idea of what makes them special? I'm a bit concerned about the lack of a mid control on the tone pump, since I'm very fond of toasty, nutty mids.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-5nKOJW7I[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LXNoWTv70

Edited by Conan