Why become a member? ×

Learning Latin

Pbassred

[quote name='Pbassred' post='31543' date='Jul 13 2007, 08:26 PM']What's the best way to find out about latin beats and lines - other than buying up a whole bunch of the wrong records![/quote]

MB1. :)

Like Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine?

I have a copy of "afro cuban grooves for drums and bass" for sale but its the tape only version its yours for £6 +del if you want it?
(i do have the fully transcribed tunes on CD just non of the example pattens but im sure someone here who has it would be kind enough to run you a copy off of there cd's off if you ask nicley :) )

also recommended are

Afro Cuban Bass grooves - Manny Patiño & Jorge Moreno

&

Adriano Giffoni - Música Brasileira Para Contrabaixo Vol.1 & vol 2 (both in brazilian as i recall but if you can read music you'll have np)

Laters
Gizmo

I did a style file on latin bass playing in a recent copy of Bass Guitar Magazine.

You can download some practice mp3s with examples of Latin lines and some playalong tracks from my website - just go to the words page and click on the Latin Style file, near the bottom...

Dave