Why become a member? ×

Hi ALL

jamman

Hello everybody.... just joined the site.

I'm into all sorts of music from pink floyd thro to indie. Mainly play indie stuff, no covers though are own stuff. Just started playing again after a short break...... 10 years. At the moment i'm using a yamaha bass through a laney RB5 120 watts, to get me back into the swing of things. I realise now that the RB5 isn't going to cut the mustard but im a bit tight for cash at the mo, so was wondering if i bought me self a cab to hook up to would this give me a better sound or do i have to save up to get a better amp ? I like alot of treble but still like to feel the bass end aswell and the RB5 just doesn't do it . I know from watching the site for a bit that sound is a very subjective debate but if you think along the lines of Bruce Foxton, John Jaque Brunnel you know the type of sound im after.

Cheers Ian

Welcome to the forum :)

An extension cab will help - I remember using a 30W combo into a 2x10 and it helped me hear over the guitarist I was jamming with.

120W might do you for small gigs.

Stop gap buying is false economy though - maybe best to save for a while and get something good. What a difference it makes to your playing when you use nice gear - eliciting sounds from your bass by the merest touches instead of having to hit the strings with a hammer :huh: