Why become a member? ×

Flite custom 4x10 cabinet (stereo 2x10 cab) [SOLD]

funkle

Hi all,

I am downsizing my rig, and now looking to sell on my custom Flite cabinet.

In a nutshell, it’s a light (50 lb) stereo 4x10. It was built by Kurt Meyer at Flite for a US customer who wanted two 2x10s put into a single 4x10 sized cabinet and still have it be superlight. I bought it off him when he downsized his rig, about 5 years ago.

(Flite has changed hands in the meantime, is now owned by a chap called Gerry Suprenant. The website is now at [url="http://www.flitecabs.com"]http://www.flitecabs.com[/url].)

The cabinet has been handled carefully, and the carpeting is in good condition.

The specs are as follows:

- each side is a 3-way 2x10 cab; they are built together to make it a 4x10 (a la old Ampeg SVT cabs).
- Rated at 300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms/side - 600 watts total
- Each side has two 10” woofers, a 5" mid, and a tweeter
- Speakers are Eminence, but I have never found out the exact model.
- Each side has attenuators for the mids and highs
- Each side has two Speakon connectors and a 1/4" input connector
- The previous owner said the efficiency rating was 99db @ 1watt/meter. It certainly has been plenty loud enough for anything I’ve thrown at it (mind you, I have a Peavey DPC 1400X to power it…)
- comes with a custom non-padded cover
- 26” high x 28” wide x 14.75” deep
- Weight 50 lbs

This has been a great cab for me – light, loud, punchy, and even. However, I’m just not doing the big gigs that need this size of cab at the moment.

I’m looking for [b]£425[/b] + shipping. Pickup is fine if preferred, and you are welcome to try it out if you are in Edinburgh.

Pete

Edited by funkle

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='306026' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:36 AM']any idea about how well it handles a b string?[/quote]

I'm not quite sure - I'm strictly a 4 stringer myself. However, when I have detuned to D it has been fine, and the chap I bought it off originally said it compared well to his Acme's as well (presumably due to the 3-way design). It has seemed a fairly tonally even cabinet to me; I haven't had to use a lot of EQ when I've playing with it.

Pete

Well the acmes I owned were pretty faithful and they had a very even sound, inspite of their inefficiency. Were there any specs included with the cab? For anyone who wants a compact stereo set up, this would be about as compact as it gets. Have to admit I'm gassing quite a bit for it, but I should stick with my plans for wedges.

Hi Crazykiwi

The only specs I had were the ones listed, which were 300W @ 4 ohms per side [giving 600W total] and the SPL rating of 99db @ 1 watt/metre. I'm not sure if that's per 'side' (I suspect it is) or with both sides going. Unfortunately no SPL/frequency graphs etc.

I have had no problems being heard in a band context and getting a great sound. I play funk and jazz, currently with a 4-piece band.

Pete

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='306109' date='Oct 14 2008, 11:37 AM']Well the acmes I owned were pretty faithful and they had a very even sound, inspite of their inefficiency. Were there any specs included with the cab? For anyone who wants a compact stereo set up, this would be about as compact as it gets. Have to admit I'm gassing quite a bit for it, but I should stick with my plans for wedges.[/quote]

Thanks very much for the kind words! Hopefully should be able to post some specs from Gerry soon too.

Pete

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='310606' date='Oct 20 2008, 04:53 PM']It would be shame if someone on here didn't buy it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

It is a genius and pretty cab.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Now on eBay.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flite-Custom-4x10-Bass-Cabinet-Superlight-50-lbs_W0QQitemZ140280911996QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140280911996&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flite-Custom-4x10-Ba...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Edited by funkle

• 2 weeks later...