Why become a member? ×

Sold .
£650

jacko

open to reasonable offers around £550 plus carriage

I'm selling my Mesa Boogie Big Block 750. It's in a 2 unit ABS case and includes the 2 button footswitch and a stereo lead. As you'd expect, it sounds huge, putting out 750 watts into 2 ohms.

The official Blurb..

[b] FEATURES[/b][list]
[*]Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
[*]750 Watts @ 2 Ohms (550 @ 4, 280 @ 8), Simul-State Power / 12 Tube Driven Power MOSFET's, 4x12AX7
[*]Active/Passive Input Switch
[*]8 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier with Gain, Active Bass, Active & Passive Mids, Mid Frequency (adjustable from 200 Hz to 2 kHz), Active Treble & Master Volume Controls
[*]Footswitchable Vacuum Tube Over-Drive with Independent Over-Drive & Master Level Controls
[*]Tuner Output with Footswitchable Amplifier Mute
[*]FX Loop with True "Hard" Bypass Switch
[*]Balanced XLR Line Out with Pre/Post Switch, Level Control & Ground Lift
[*]2 - Speakon and 2 - 1/4 Speaker Output Jacks
[*]Slave Out w/Level Control
[*]Two Speed, Dual Fan Cooling
[*]2 Button Footswitch (Over-Drive & Mute)
[/list]
It's in great condition with only very slight marking on the sides from being put in the case. Working perfectly.
Would prefer collection from Forth in Lanarkshire but I'm happy to arrange a courier at the buyer's expense or could meet up within a 50 mile radius.

Not really interested in trades right now

[attachment=231284:IMG_1185.JPG]
[attachment=231285:IMG_1186.JPG]
[attachment=231286:IMG_1188.JPG]

Edited by jacko

With the gain around 10 o'clock or less it's a very clean amp. Take the active and passive mids past 12 o'clock and it can get into the very bright EBS territory. Drop the mids and bring the gain up towards 12 o'clock and it starts to get a bit 'ampegy' for want of a better description. The overdrive can get very aggressive beyond about 11 o'clock - I usually kept it near 8 o'clock just to switch in a little grind. The overdrive channel has it's own volume control so you can treat it as a totally seperate channel - the tone controls can need a bit of a tweak depending what sort of overdrive you're after. I tended to have both active and passive mids rolled off to about 10 o'clock for the stuff I play - mainly as I have active basses that can be a bit too 'glassy' if the mids are pushed. A passive fender isn't quite so 'in your face'.
It really is a hugely versatile amp. You're more than welcome to come out to Forth to give it a try if you're interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...