Why become a member? ×

Combo vibration issues or is it just me?

Twincam

Ok my gf very kindly bought me a nice new orange combo. It seems on the face of it a good practice amp.

However it seems the have vibration or resonance issues on certain notes. Seeminly coming from the amp electrics area.
Its not the front grill and I've tried it with serval different basses and in other rooms too. Its deffinetly the combo.

Should a new combo be doing this or should I send it back?.
Anyone ever return anything to guitar guitar?

Are the problems there at low volume ? If they are it may be a faulty model...but iff they're at full-bore, then it may just be the limitations of a practice amp.

Which model is it btw ?

(Oh, and what a nice girlfriend !)

Edited by ahpook

Its not at very very low volume but it does make the noise at appropriate living room volume about 9.30 and above on the dial, and the noise is pretty loud early on.
Its the new crush 50 combo. Which seems like it would be a fantastic practice combo apart from the resonance issues.

I think my gf is a bit angry with me tbh for suggesting it isn't right.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1477832557' post='3164680']
Its not at very very low volume but it does make the noise at appropriate living room volume about 9.30 and above on the dial, and the noise is pretty loud early on.
Its the new crush 50 combo. Which seems like it would be a fantastic practice combo apart from the resonance issues.

I think my gf is a bit angry with me tbh for suggesting it isn't right.
[/quote]

Well, it could just be bad luck - if you can take it back then it back (and keep your girlfriend happy), then I would.

It's possible something's loose inside.