Why become a member? ×

Ashdown AAA EVO 60-10T

mikel

I am looking for a lightweight combo, primarily for home practice and rehearsals. I need the headphone and MP3 facility, and the fact the EVO can be paired with an Ashdown 15" cab for gigging makes it look a great buy. Before I travel for a try out, is there a glaring reason why it seems so cheap? like, for example, it is rubbish or is not reliable? Or is there a more obvious candidate for a cheap lightweight combo.

Thanks for any comments.

I haven't used one but I bought a TC Electronics BG250 2X8 for similar reasons. Has the features you describe plus Toneprint effects (Inc a great compressor) and can drive a second cab.
250w in a tiny package that's loud enough for most situations and very lightweight.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-electronic-bg250-208/88071?gclid=CjwKEAjwvb2_BRCb_s7Yo7_ZlHASJABz6L0jLenX3WA5-zuVJajPRYHAaTfpWwIlQOcAq8aH6UJUCRoCUsfw_wcB

I'm upgrading at the moment so might be persuaded to sell next week for around £200...

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1475341837' post='3145233']
..., and the fact the EVO can be paired with an Ashdown 15" cab for gigging makes it look a great buy....

Thanks for any comments.
[/quote]

All I'd say is that it seems on that particular combo, if you connect another speaker, the internal speaker is disabled, so not maybe quite what you think..

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1475502586' post='3146415']
All I'd say is that it seems on that particular combo, if you connect another speaker, the internal speaker is disabled, so not maybe quite what you think..
[/quote]

Really? The tech info states that for gigs the 1 x 15 can be added for extra tone and volume.

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1475613393' post='3147457']
Really? The tech info states that for gigs the 1 x 15 can be added for extra tone and volume.
[/quote]

Yep I read that on the website too, but from the manual: -

[i]Speaker Out: There is an 8 Ohm min load speaker out-put located on the rear of the AAA-60 (disconnects internal speaker AAA-60 ONLY)[/i]

Perhaps contact Ashdown directly and ask them, in my experience, they are good at resonding to general queries.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1475657391' post='3147636']
Yep I read that on the website too, but from the manual: -

[i]Speaker Out: There is an 8 Ohm min load speaker out-put located on the rear of the AAA-60 (disconnects internal speaker AAA-60 ONLY)[/i]

Perhaps contact Ashdown directly and ask them, in my experience, they are good at resonding to general queries.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, I will give them a try. If I get anything I will let you know.