Why become a member? ×

Things To Think About Before Joining A Working Band

blue

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1475226381' post='3144119']
The first thing to do when you join a new band is [i]don't [/i]stop looking for a new band.

Until you've sorted out all the details and given it a few months to see if it's working as you expected.
[/quote]

Exactly...
I've got 3 units I'm pretty/very pleased with.... so my dep stints will have to reduce, but I'll make room for another good band.

Btw, Chris.. you doing Robin Bibi in Thanet?

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1475154822' post='3143510']
To a certain extent , I think this is OK - the singer is the focal point of the band and 99.99999% of the time, all the average pub audience is actually listening to. If they don't like the song, it'll be immediately apparent in their performance to any discerning audience, it doesn't matter if the band nails it, if the singer ain't delivering, the song will be rubbish, IMHO.
[/quote]

I agree, if the singer can't deliver it, then it does not get flogged as a dead horse.... and singers HAVE to accept they are murdering a song as much as anyone else-but they don't..??? That said, the singer needs to be open to good ideas too.

The deal is, don't work with guys that can't sing..saves a LOT of problems from the off.