Why become a member? ×

Ibanez basses - not going for very much these days!

JimBobTTD

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how little Ibanezes are going for these days?

An SRX700 just went on Ebay for £112. I was watching it but forgot about it (damn it damn it damn it)...credit crunch and all that, but £112? That's crazy! I got my SRX500 for a bit over £100 and I thought I got a fantastic deal on it. I clearly did, but it is also clear that there are more great deals to be found out there.

Here's the SRX700, just in case you don't believe me: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300262914852&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020"]link[/url]

My old RB950 has just ended. Sold for £159. That's a hell of a lot of bass for that money
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330276114962&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching"]link[/url]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='300062' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:22 PM']yeah i saw that one.... ibanez SR900s seem to be going cheap at the moment, i'd love to get me a nice SR905[/quote]

Are they the neck-throughs where the back of the body is curved? I fiddled with one in the shop, but couldn't get along with the curved back. I tried the 700, though, and that was about as sweet as they come. That's pretty much why I was so miffed this one got away for a £112!!!

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='300101' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:08 PM']Are they the neck-throughs where the back of the body is curved? I fiddled with one in the shop, but couldn't get along with the curved back. I tried the 700, though, and that was about as sweet as they come. That's pretty much why I was so miffed this one got away for a £112!!![/quote]
That's the one, pretty similar to my tobias in that respect i think, i want one!!

I think alot value/interest is built around the big names (Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker) in a general guitar market and this doesn't tally with the rep as undertsood by those who know bass guitars. I have a Fender strap on my Ibanez and because it has SDGR on the headstock this gets guitarists asking me what Fender it is, interest evaporates as soon as I say Ibanez, yet I know that to my ears and fingers it's a good bass.

A few months ago I was in Cardiff Guitars where a 60s/70s Gibson double cut bass had just come in. It was nice and worn in but had a wobbley/cracked neck socket which the shop owner was going to reset... nothing special then. Another customer comes in and is immediately interested, because it has Gibson on the headstock. I was iffy about the short scale, short horns and neck join but you can bet it's gone for a good price...