Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Astounding bass playing...

jonnythenotes

This one song has had more influence on me than any other piece of music. The tone, note selection, musicianship and power are incredible, and it's made up as he goes along.....It's called Kill Your Sons by Lou Reed, and once heard, never forgotten. I don't know how to ship it across from You Tube, but if someone out there could do it, I would appreciate it. It's the studio version on the Sally Can't Dance album. 42 years old, but seems to get heavier as each year passes.... Check it out.. It really is something a bit special.

Lou Reed's music often had great bass lines. I think the nature of his voice and strong lyrics lend themselves to adventurous bass playing. Think of "walk on the wild side" or New Sensations, which is one of my favourite all time albums. It looks like the whole thing is here. It disappeared from the music shops for years because a dispute I think. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIPgMWgVdcs&list=PLjoFXWTkzwgDAtSXC3Dm1LcAlnSa8tuK9

Edited by Pinball