Why become a member? ×

Here's one for our "skinny string" friends.
I was in Cash Recycle in Eccles, (Manchester), and they have a brand new American Fender Telecaster for sale for £350. It's a Maple fingerboard one in Sunburst. Still has the cellophane on the pickguard, all tags, Fender guarantee and even an ABS case, (that looks like the genuine Fender version as well).
IF I didn't already have a 62 re-issue in Butterscotch Blond, I would have snapped it up in a shot. I reckon it could be haggled down to about £325 as a friend of mine got an american P Bass from the same shop. They wanted £250 and he got them down to £225 by waving the folding stuff. The same guy later bought a 1980's Fender Mustang Bass for £60, (battered to hell or full of Mojo, your choice).
Once the Mustang had been restored he traded both basses for a brand new 5 string Stingray at Sound Control.
There are some bargains to be had at this place.

[quote name='Buzz' post='30928' date='Jul 12 2007, 09:29 PM']An American Tele for £350....

Bugger, if I hadn't just spent a grand on a car and insurance, I'd have snapped it up.[/quote]
Yep a BRAND NEW one at that. If I didn't already have one, (plus I am commited to the dark side now), I would have snatched their hands off. It is a really nice example.