Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hellborg signature strings

6stringbassist

Just got a set of these, they're really good, a nice 'feel' to them, the tension is ideal for vibrato tecniques and fast fingerstyle playing, and the sound is beautiful.

They feel a bit odd to start with, just the one winding which is especially noticeable on the E and A strings.

They don't do a B or a C string at the moment, though seemingly they are going to introduce a B string soon, so I have a B and a C from a set of Lo-rider nickels.

I got them from Thomman, ordered Monday and arrived Wednesday all for £25, that's pretty good service.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='296323' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:08 AM']Just got a set of these, they're really good, a nice 'feel' to them, the tension is ideal for vibrato tecniques and fast fingerstyle playing, and the sound is beautiful.

They feel a bit odd to start with, just the one winding which is especially noticeable on the E and A strings.

They don't do a B or a C string at the moment, though seemingly they are going to introduce a B string soon, so I have a B and a C from a set of Lo-rider nickels.

I got them from Thomman, ordered Monday and arrived Wednesday all for £25, that's pretty good service.[/quote]
Stupid question but going back to my last posting will the Hellborg strings fit a 35"scale?

Hi kevin
how you doin!! i like the idea of these hellborg strings, im currently using the sunbeam nickels which i love very rich warm sound, any idea how they would compare with the hellborgs, the sunbeams dont have the brightest topend but stay lovely when they die off, unlike the d,addario xls i used to use which sound great for a short time then completely die.
How do the hellborgs slap? thanks for your info mate im thinking of getting a set for my jazz and musicman- cheers- lee

Just got a set of these, they're really good, a nice 'feel' to them, the tension is ideal for vibrato tecniques and fast fingerstyle playing, and the sound is beautiful.

I got them from Thomman, ordered Monday and arrived Wednesday all for £25, that's pretty good serv