Why become a member? ×

US G&L LB100 (2015) Price Drop £950 - sold pending
£1000

GazWills

I have been debating this decision for 2 months, since I first bought this bass!

It is a gorgeous, custom order 2015 US made G&L LB100. 2-piece Alder body, 3 tone sunburst. The neck is a number 12, so it is 1 & 5/8 inches at the nut, same as the newer Us Fender P's. It is quartersawn maple with a rosewood fingerboard. Medium jumbo frets, pearl marker dots. Quick, smooth, plays really well.

I don't have scales. It is not a heavy bass, but is slightly heavier than my (light) US Fender P.

Bass is located in Bristol, the asking price is £50 less than I paid for it from Bassdirect, and I think it was a steal at that price, when you compare it to the spec of other basses out there. It is as new, in fantastic condition. Also comes with the G&L hard case, custom shop spec sheet, signed certificate of authenticity from Leo's wife, etc.

[b]£950[/b] - Price doesn't include postage, would rather you pick up from Bristol, or arrange a meet, but not totally against posting.

Pics below, they are not brilliant resolution, but hopefully do the bass justice!

Edited by GazWills

So that is where it went. I agonised over this when it was at Bass Direct and now I have to do it all over again. I don't really need a P bass having just bought an MJ-4, but then again... it's a G&L and looks a classic specification. :unsure:

[quote name='DBerriff' timestamp='1466361226' post='3075276']
So that is where it went. I agonised over this when it was at Bass Direct and now I have to do it all over again. I don't really need a P bass having just bought an MJ-4, but then again... it's a G&L and looks a classic specification. :unsure:
[/quote]

There seemed to be quite a lot of interest in it within the 45 mins I was in the shop, at least one person called up to buy it when I was in the process of paying for it!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1466362695' post='3075304']
There seemed to be quite a lot of interest in it within the 45 mins I was in the shop, at least one person called up to buy it when I was in the process of paying for it!
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, why are you moving it on again? It does look like a lovely instrument.

It's mostly because what I really want is a custom shop fender, even if a fender may not be any better, I don't think I'll be happy until I have one. Not much logic to it. As I've not had it long or used it in a band, I don't (yet) have any emotional attachment to the G&L!!

Fair enough, but it's a very lovely looking bass and you're a very naughty man for tempting me with it.

And, just to make matters worse.... :D

http://youtu.be/r6VIPCoJArg

http://youtu.be/Vk96VlaynLA

Edited by SICbass

• 2 weeks later...