Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Zon Sonus Standard 5 - SOLD
£750

Volume

It pains me to do this, but... up for very reluctant sale is my gorgeous Zon 5. A versatile, gorgeous-sounding instrument - crystal clear, crisp... but also capable of really thuddy, thick low end... an absolutely stunning bass, and one which I'm sure to regret selling - however, I need a maple-boarded 4-string for my current project... ideally something like a Limelight P or J...

[attachment=221031:Zon (1).JPG]

It's not an old bass... it has been treated very carefully, and with a lot of love. It comes with a Zon softcase - and it will be packed super-securely for shipping - or, if you're local to Nottingham, by all means drop-in and pick it up.

[attachment=221032:Zon (2).JPG]

[attachment=221033:Zon (3).JPG]

It's so new that I haven't even removed the plastic coverings from the battery compartment on the back! There isn't a mark on this bass - you'd have to look very hard indeed to tell that it's not brand new.

[attachment=221034:Zon (4).JPG]

[u][b]Here's the blurb from Zon...[/b][/u]

The Sonus Standard is crafted from select grades of maple for the body with the choice of a quilt or burl maple veneer top in a satin finish, The three-piece maple neck and rosewood fingerboard is carved for a fast and comfortable feel. Two U.S. made Duncan design, dual coil pickups are powered by a three- band active electronics system featuring a passive mode for a variety of tones, Punchy mids with a clear bottom and a bright top end, give the Sonus Standard a voice with presence and clarity both on stage and in the studio.

Body
Material: Maple with Quilt of Burl Maple veneer top
Finish: Flat Satin
Color: Natural

Neck
Type: Three-piece Maple
Scale length: 34″
Finish: Flat satin
Truss rod: Dual action

Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ side markers and face dots
Radius: 12″
Nut: Graphite
Frets/size: 24/medium
Width at nut: 1.750″
Width at 24th fret: 3.00″

Electronics
Type: Three-band active/passive system
Functions: Master volume, pickup blend, bass, treble and midrange controls. A/P switch.
Power requirements: Single 9-volt battery
Life expectancy: 300 hours of continuous use.

Pickup
Make: US made Seymour Ducan
Type: Neck: wide-aperture, passive, dual coil design. Soap-style shell
Bridge: wide-aperture, passive, dual coil design. Soap-style shell

Hardware
Bridge: Hipshot (machined brass).
String spacing 16.5mm (string-to-string)
Tuners: Enclosed gear
Finish: Black

Price is £850 shipped - Price includes worldwide tracked Courier shipping (DPD if you're in the UK/EU, UPS if you're elsewhere in the world) - I am based in Nottingham (NG1) so if you're local and want to collect, by all means send me a PM

Feel free to PM me if you want any bigger/specific photos taking.

Edited by Volume