Why become a member? ×

Arthritis in neck vertebrae. Arm, neck, hand, chest pain + vertigo. Advice needed

solo4652

@Wonky and @Timmo Thanks for mentioning Anti TMF. I've not come across that. I've Googled it and read what I can. I next see the spinal consultant in 4 weeks time - I'll see what he says about the relevance of it in my case. Perhaps you could PM me so I can ask you a few more questions?

Thanks, Steve

Didn't read all of the posts but have you seen a good chiropractor?
I've known people have scan and get diagnosed with all sorts of back, neck and nerve problems then after visiting a really good chiropractor and having manual manipulation treatment have been much better or practically cured.
That includes vertigo, trapped nerves, dumbness, not being able to walk or breath right.

Chiro isnt advised for arthritic conditions unfortunately:(
Can cause alot of issues.... For example, in my case, fractures... Easily done. But by all means speak to one if its a route you wish to take...

Pm me with any questions at all steve....
NICE who govern the budget spend and suitability of drugs for treatment grant Anti tnf for rheumatoid arthritis, phsoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
Untill very recently it had to be a very specific diagnosis to allow it, also a route of nsaids first, then dmards, then finally anti tnf. HOWEvEr , lobbying from several groups, nass (national ank sond society) has very recently got pre cursor conditions added to the list... Spondyloarthoprapies as they are called under a blanket terminology.
Cost of treatment..... £15-20k per annum!!!!!