Why become a member? ×

NBD Squier Mikey Way Mustang

markdavid

Got this bass last weekend,spotted it going for a very good price and saw my resolve to not buy any new basses crumble.

Obviously i am aware this is a signature bass, am not into My chemical romance but a good bass is a good bass regardless of the signature on it so things like this really do not bother me.

Appearance wise this is imo a very nice looking bass,im indifferent about the color but i like the general look of this bass enough that the color does not detract from this.

Build quality is pretty good,not mia fender good but on par with the mim fenders i have played.

Tone wise this bass is kind of like a slightly darker sounding precision,i have flats on it now but with the rounds that were on the bass when i got it the tone was a kind of dark rock tone, not as dark as a mudbucker bass but you can certainly cop a very convincing thunderbird kind of tone

Overall very pleased with my new aquisition

Edited by markdavid

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would add an update now I have had this bass for a couple weeks, in comparison to my other ss bass (Squier Jaguar ss) this has roughly about the same low end but noticeably rolled off treble, ironically this bass has more of the slightly farty midrange quality ala Jamerson that I associate with a good precision tone than my Jaguar bass with the p/j pickups has ,it out precisions my p/j bass, with flats on this bass absolutely nails the motown bass tone

Edited by markdavid