Why become a member? ×

1978 US Jazz
£700

Brother Jones

I bought this in 2003 or therabouts from Andy's in Denmark Street. It's a 1978 with a rosewood board, blocks and binding. Recently set up and truss rod replaced by Charlie Chandler in Hampton Wick.

Plays like butter, and it probably the growliest Jazz I've ever owned. Don't want to sell it, but need funds for deposit on an ACG 5.

[b]The obvious question is - why the hell is it so cheap. And the answer is that the body I've used it with is a replacement. [/b]It's a light ash JB body expertly fitted by luthier Tom Anfield in 2005. I still have the original, but it is seriously, seriously heavy, and the black paint is very mangled.

Everything else - right down to the pickguard - is original. I bought it with the ashtrays and may still have them (somewhere). There are no issues with it. Even the strings are pretty new. You could put the original body on it and have an original 1978 Jazz. I'd advise that you might have some back problems after a while though...

All this makes a bit tricky to price, but I think £700 is very, very fair indeed. I can probably even throw in a hard case or a decent gig bag.

I've tried to attach photos and hope they work (can email on request anyway).

Bass is located in Kingston, Surrey. You are of course very welcome to attend my humble abode for a test drive. I would prefer collection or meet in central London. Courier is possible, but you would need to arrange and pay for that please. Payment preferably by bank transfer.

Thanks,

[attachment=218827:JB781.JPG][attachment=218828:JB784.JPG][attachment=218829:JB782.JPG][attachment=218830:JB783.JPG][attachment=218831:jbb1.JPG]

Edited by Brother Jones