Why become a member? ×

alreet

sub6

Hi, pleased I have found a decent site to check out @ last. Have been playing bass for quite a while now whilst mostly in gospel bands I do manage to break out into the real world. My main bass is an Overwater deluxe 6 which I had made last year & is what I have wanted for so long. I also have a cort artisan a6 fretless & my old faithful Washburn force 8 which is from 1983 & has reflex red actives. I also have an iamp500 wizzy combo, eden d210xst, eden d410xlt and a wt1205 head for the bigger gigs.

[quote name='sub6' post='30411' date='Jul 11 2007, 07:50 PM']Hi, pleased I have found a decent site to check out @ last. Have been playing bass for quite a while now whilst mostly in gospel bands I do manage to break out into the real world. My main bass is an Overwater deluxe 6 which I had made last year & is what I have wanted for so long. I also have a cort artisan a6 fretless & my old faithful Washburn force 8 which is from 1983 & has reflex red actives. I also have an iamp500 wizzy combo, eden d210xst, eden d410xlt and a wt1205 head for the bigger gigs.[/quote]

Hi and welcome sub6! :) Glad you found us, what part of the UK are you based in?

Hamster

[quote name='sub6' post='30419' date='Jul 11 2007, 08:12 PM']I live in Newcastle upon tyne, or if you are familiar with the area, Wallsend which is closer to the coast.[/quote]

Nope - it's all outer space to me up there! - do you play 'black' gospel stuff like Donald Lawrence, Sounds of Blackness & The Winans? - Some of that can get very funky.

Hamster

Do get to play a good range of styles so have to be addaptive, makes it fun as well. We have some talented musos as well with another exceptionally talented bassist called Deon Krishnan so it can be challenging & rewarding when I play a line which he llkes & gives me that knowing nod & smile. The line up changes a lot aswell so get to play with a good range of people.

Alreet indeed bonny lad, Wallsend eh?

My home town, born and bred just off Station Road opposite the Forum.

Welcome aboard the goodship basschat!

[quote name='sub6' post='30419' date='Jul 11 2007, 08:12 PM']I live in Newcastle upon tyne, or if you are familiar with the area, Wallsend which is closer to the coast.[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...