Why become a member? ×

SOLD: EBMM Stingray SR4 Black, Black, Rosewood, East Preamp, SD Pickup £600
£600

timmchale2009

Good Day All.

So I'm putting up my 14 year old Stingray, sublime player, sounds awesome and is a real head turner.

This started life as a SR4 black, matching headstock and black guard... However I've changed over a few things to get the absolute most out of this bass...

I've replaced the stock preamp (this will be supplied) with a John East MMSR 3 band which just retrofits in, I won't bore you all with the details of what this does as I'm sure you all know what it does. I've put a Seymour Duncan SMB4D, original will be supplied, this really opens up the tone and works seamlessly with the east preamp and replaced the stock guard out with a grey pearloid guard, simply because it looks funkier. I've also swapped the tuner for a hipshot bass X-tender again for the simplicity of providing versatility.

Now... If you're looking for an absolute pristine, unmarked bass... Then stop reading now. However if you're looking for a well loved, solid, awesome playing & sounding bass then this could well be the one for you, and at a considerable snip in comparison to the new list price and certainly superior in quality to it's SBMM brothers, I have tried my level best to get photos in with any dings, scuffs, chips or the like in. I've also take a sot of the heal where the paint has come away, this was like this when I got the bass but I've ensured that it can't go any further. It doesn't effect playability at all. Currently set up with La Bella Deep Talkin' bass strings, Weighs circa 4kgs or 8.8lbs (can be more accurate of required) in imperial. So not massive heavy, but not stupidly featherweight but sits nicely and is really well balanced IMHO. The nut width is 42.5mm. Comes with a a hard case which keeps the bass as it should.

So... The nitty gritty... I am truly loathed to sell this but, something has come up that I simply cannot refuse and something of course has to give. So taking into account overall condition but also significant upgrades (east cost over £150 on it's own) I would like £600 shipped & insured or alternatively you can come to Chez McHale have a coffee and be shouted at repeatedly by my Bedlington Terrier, Winston, for the princely sum of £575

Any questions please ask away.

Regards

Tim

Edited by timmchale2009