Why become a member? ×

1 Bass 2 amps & 2 cabs

mrn1989

Ive got a gig tonight and fancy running my bass into 2 small rigs just for curiosity but I haven't got an A/B/Y pedal but have lots of bits laying around is it as simple as making 1 mono jack connected to 2 mono jacks?

I will invest in a proper switcher but Im impatient but don't think of things tim the last minute :)

Any help appreciated

Edited by mrn1989

An even quicker solution is to connect the effects-out from the main amp to the effects-return on the other. This assumes the slave amp has a master volume control after the effects return.

There is no guarantee the speakers will be in phase with any of this. I suppose there is a small chance of an earth/ground loop with either solution.

Edited by DBerriff

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1459646017' post='3018385']
If you have a tuner such as the Boss TU2 that works. Only downside is when you switch the tuner on it only mutes one amp.
[/quote]

I tried that with a fender tuner I have but for some reason one of the outputs was quieter than the other, must be something wrong with it.