Why become a member? ×

NAD - Matrix GT1000FX

NancyJohnson

Have pulled the trigger on a 2U Matrix stereo poweramp. Should allow me a bit of experimentation and routing of different effect streams into each channel.

Looking forward to this.

(My UK Ashdown ABM is up for sale in the for sale section.)

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1459119274' post='3013728']
I'm keen to try and emulate that Dug tone into twin cabinets...route a cleanish/phat signal into channel A and tinny guitarish dirt into channel B.

Fun times ahead.
[/quote]

Ahhhh yes! I do the same, but mix the two signal before sending out to other effects, amp and cabinets. Phat bass + thin/low mids distortion makes for a huge punchy tone with just the right amount of dirt!

Well, it's here.

First impressions. It doesn't weigh much, size-wise it's about three inches shorter than the Ashdown it's replacing (I have space in the back of my rack), finish is nice. My 4U rack weighs about half what it used to. It sounds pretty transparent; with the Sansamp RBI as my pre-stage, it sounds more like the tone I get [from the RBI] when I'm recording direct from it, whereas the Ashdown was a bit bassy (I used to go in via the effects return). In parallel mode, it's [i]very [/i]loud.

I've had to rejig my floorboard so I can run two separate (stereo/AB) output streams - into a Morley ABY box, then into a)Sansamp BDDI and B) VTBassDI. Will experiment with that tomorrow.

Happy so far. Jamming on Thursday.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson