Why become a member? ×

Feeler - Warwick Dolphin Pro I - 2001 - Withdrawn!
£1100

Stance

Hello,

I have this Warwick Dolphin Pro I laying around that I don't use - It wasn't my intention to sell it, but maybe there's someone outhere who might be interested in it.

Probably one of the few Dolphin that hasn't dolphins on the scale!

Withdrawn

Edited by Stance

Another Dolphin for sale, don't see this too often! :)

You may need the elaborate on the neck situation as what you have described is a twisted neck, which a fret dress would not resolve! Photographs of the neck showing the situation would be useful I am sure. Has it had pro attention?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1458478445' post='3007860']
Another Dolphin for sale, don't see this too often! :)

You may need the elaborate on the neck situation as what you have described is a twisted neck, which a fret dress would not resolve! Photographs of the neck showing the situation would be useful I am sure. Has it had pro attention?
[/quote]

Hello Kev,

You´re completelly right, but for the moment that's the only pic I have. I want to take it to my luthier, but's he's currently on tour with Iron Maiden/Anthrax...

It's such a cool bass, and as you said, you don't see them often :) it's a shame about the neck situation though. There's another luthier working at the place I normally go to - hopefully he'll be able to give me more details about it,

Cheers from Portugal!

[quote name='noise_art' timestamp='1458508484' post='3008233']
Yep, definetly more pics about the neck!
Did you try to ask Warwick directly about repair?

I would be interested in if this issue gone.
[/quote]

The Luthiers I work with are more than capable of giving me their opinion about the base - hopefully I'll be able to get more info and pics during this week!

As to send it to Warwick in Germany - it may be possible, but I have to talk to the Portuguese distributor first (that would be my last option due to the time involved -. it may take months...)

I'll be in touch!
Thanks for your interest

[quote name='noise_art' timestamp='1458508484' post='3008233']
Did you try to ask Warwick directly about repair?
[/quote]

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1458511357' post='3008272']As to send it to Warwick in Germany - it may be possible, but I have to talk to the Portuguese distributor first (that would be my last option due to the time involved -. it may take months...)
[/quote]

I wouldn't recommend this. If you want further reasons why look at my thread here for a recent repair quote from Warwick.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/275110-warwick-and-their-new-pricing-system/page__hl__warwick__st__0"]http://basschat.co.u..._warwick__st__0[/url]

I have had a Warwick with a twisted neck fixed by Noiseworks in Coventry and that one in the thread above fixed by Martin Sims at Sims LED's so this may be of help for any potential buyers. They both were quite cheap too. :)

GLWTS

Edited by funkyjimbob

[quote name='funkyjimbob' timestamp='1458573375' post='3008699']
I wouldn't recommend this. If you want further reasons why look at my thread here for a recent repair quote from Warwick.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/275110-warwick-and-their-new-pricing-system/page__hl__warwick__st__0"]http://basschat.co.u..._warwick__st__0[/url]

I have had a Warwick with a twisted neck fixed by Noiseworks in Coventry and that one in the thread above fixed by Martin Sims at Sims LED's so this may be of help for any potential buyers. They both were quite cheap too. :)

GLWTS
[/quote]

Hello,

Thank you so much for the warning :)

To be honest, I would only consider warwick as a last resort solution! But thankfully, I´m sure my luthier's can hadle itr pretty well (one even is on the road right now with Steve Sarris, so I guess I'm in good hands :) )

Back to Warwick, I don't think they do good basses anymore... It's all about profit, profit, profit, hence those stupid prices they gave you....

Thanks once again!

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1458573889' post='3008712']
Hello,

Thank you so much for the warning :)

To be honest, I would only consider warwick as a last resort solution! But thankfully, I´m sure my luthier's can hadle itr pretty well (one even is on the road right now with Steve Sarris, so I guess I'm in good hands :) )

[b]Back to Warwick, I don't think they do good basses anymore... It's all about profit, profit, profit, hence those stupid prices they gave you....[/b]

Thanks once again!
[/quote]

Yes. They are rip-off merchants. I love my two custom shop basses and wouldn't change them for anything but I certainly won't be buying anything new off of them in the future.

No worries. I might be interested in this to be honest. I'll have a think and drop you a message.

Thanks

Edited by funkyjimbob

• 3 months later...