Why become a member? ×

WHICH NOISE GATE/SUPPRESSOR?

rocker19

Hi guys

I haven` t been there for a long time...I have a problem that many of us have.Since I have started playing bass/March 2011/, I had and still have horrible buzz from all basses and all gear I have had so far.I guess it is 60cycle buzz.I play only in my apartment for myself. I mainly play Rickenbacker 2004 LH with Hi Gain, pretty noisy pups, recently I bought fantastic Japan Fender JB 62 RI LH , which is almost silent, using both pups.

So I REALLY need some advice, I can spent max 100€ for some noise suppressor, there are quite a lot videos on Tube but all for guitars.

After watching the vids I am thinking of buying one of these:

1.ROCKTRON HUSH THE PEDAL - 84€

2. ELECTRO HARMONIX SILENCER - friendly price 59€

3.BOSS NS 2 - 84€ /not sure if it cuts off sustain.../.

Of course propably ISP DECIMATOR and DECIMATOR G STRING would be the best but ...160/260€...

I LOVE beautiful sustain of my RICK and I am a bit afraid whether I can lost part of it using one of these.

My favourite would be ROCKTRON a guy reviewing it on Tube says that it is NOT NOISE GATE, so removes buzz during playing too.

I would appreciate any advice.Thanks Jan.

Edited by rocker19

if your fender is silent on both pickups, then the rickenbacker should be too. I'd try to fix the bass rather than buy a noise gate/suppressor

In terms of your list, I only have the NS-2, which is a great gate, but won't get rid of hum while you're playing

No I cannot agree, Rickenbacker has single coils and Fender behaves as humbucker using both pups.When using only one pup on Fender, I have this buzz.But thanks for reply. I should mention that I had ppr. 10 basses and all produced a lot of buzz only Peavey T-40 played as humbucker/can be played both ways/ and the Fender both pups engaged were silent.It seems my flat is noisy area.

Edited by rocker19