Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis NA650 **SOLD PENDING**

deksawyer

(I think the power figures above are correct!)

Anyway, after a severe need to downsize my rig and make it even more managable, I'm looking to sell the NA650.

This is without doubt the best bass amp I've ever owned, the sound, the quality, the power, the spec. It has it all.

It has the most amazing tone controls I've ever encountered (I've been playing bass for 23 years) and I mostly play the amp flat, with a little mid boost and a little on board compression dialed in.

The drummer is going to go doolally when he finds out I'm wanting to get rid of this as it's the best amp he's heard as well, so in the event that it doesn't sell, I'll be more than happy to keep it. Although it could weigh a tiny wee bit less.

Comes complete with footswitch (which I've never used), rack ears/screws and original packaging. I've never had a really close look in a while but as far as I can tell it's in perfect condition. It gives a thump when it switches on, but I gather they all do that......also the stock photos make it look a bit gay, it looks so much better in the flesh.

PDF Manual from Eden; [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manuals/pdf/NA650%2008102005.pdf"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manua...%2008102005.pdf[/url]

[s]£380 plus £12 insured shipping.[/s] [color="#FF0000"][b]NOW £350 inc. P&P[/b][/color]

Thanks for looking, and any questions, please ask....

D.

Edited by deksawyer

Have a bump on me and a testimony to the quite incredible tone controls on this amp. I have never heard the like. The merest tickle of any of the tone controls and you have an utterly different sound, they really are very very responsive. Yes they all make a noise on turning on (and off in my case) but a great amp.

[quote name='stewblack' post='291130' date='Sep 24 2008, 06:35 PM']Have a bump on me and a testimony to the quite incredible tone controls on this amp. I have never heard the like. The merest tickle of any of the tone controls and you have an utterly different sound, they really are very very responsive. Yes they all make a noise on turning on (and off in my case) but a great amp.[/quote]

Cheers Stew!

A wee bump...

D.

Did you ever compare this with its smaller brother, the NA320? If so, was it noticeably more powerful?

Part of me is very very interested in this but:

1. I need to shift my V-Type rig first (tho it looks like I have a buyer, I need to pull my finger out!)
2. I'd need to persuade Head office that I'm allowed it. She likes the blue light so I might be onto a winner, but we have more important things coming up next year (mini-Mert!).

Never tried the 320, but the headroom and actual volume available from this is astounding.

Using the 2 Tech Soundsystems 12" cabs I never ran the volume past 11 oclock. This is with a loud drummer and a guitarist with a PV 5150 stack.

I've actually ordered my new head which will be with me by Wed, so we'll see how that compares (if it's sh*te, then that'll be for sale...).

I genuinely love this amp - it's the best bass amp I've ever owned, but I'm trying to reduce the weight a bit and my new head is coming in at 2.6kg. And it's made in Germany.........

Anyway, if you're interested, please keep in touch...

cheers

D.

Here's a pic of the rear panel showing the connection options - it pretty much has it all.

2xSpeakon 2xSpeaker Jack, Tuner out (mute switch on front), Footswitch (for Enhance & Mute), Pre EQ Send/Return & Post EQ Send/Return, DI with ground/lift (level control on front).

Apologies for noisy image;

D.