Why become a member? ×

Anyone using Midi with their Moog's

0175westwood29

have a controller coming in that will be able to send cc commands to my gear now im hoping to send signals to my Strymon timeline and then on to the my clusterflux,

cant find a single video on how to set up the moog, ie can i just set the moog save the setting with the midi controller and then go to another preset and change setting on the moog and save, and then the same again etc?

on the moog site it gives a number for the cc's etc but no video.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

still looking for help with this if pos

the midi set up would be timeline into big sky into moog from my controller which is coming soon. im pretty sure the strymon will say the preset there on when the patch is saved on the looper however i dnt exactly get still how bar guessing to set up the moog.

any midi guys out there who can help? ive asked moog and they just sent me the manual which i already have.

Andy

I don't understand what you're trying to do. What midi controller are you getting? What do you want to be able to control with it? Do you want to be able to tweak particular parameters (using knobs and faders), or patch/preset changes?

Also, the Strymons need to have midi through enabled (it's in the Globals menu) so the pedals can be daisy chained.

Okay, so the Moog itself doesn't have any presets. But each parameter responds to midi. So, depending on the midi controller, I imagine you tweak the parameters of the Moog to your liking (using the controller), then save those settings as patch/preset 1. Then fiddle around again, and save as patch 2. Each time you select a present, the controller sends an instant message to the Moog setting all its parameters in a particular way.

Does that sound like what you're trying to do?

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1458410120' post='3007441']
Okay, so the Moog itself doesn't have any presets. But each parameter responds to midi. So, depending on the midi controller, I imagine you tweak the parameters of the Moog to your liking (using the controller), then save those settings as patch/preset 1. Then fiddle around again, and save as patch 2. Each time you select a present, the controller sends an instant message to the Moog setting all its parameters in a particular way.

Does that sound like what you're trying to do?
[/quote]

im getting a buzz electronics 8 channel midi looper, yeh the moog doesnt have presets so would be sending cc commands to change as many of the settings as are needed which would be saved to a preset.

was hoping however i could save the guessing at setting and that i could save the dial positions........looks like its the first one.