Why become a member? ×

How to add photos to 'my media'

skampino

[quote name='skampino' timestamp='1456662403' post='2991112']
I want to post and have some photos in my media but for the life of me cant remember how I put them there. How do i add some more?
cheers
[/quote]

When posting using the Full Editor (Invoked by using the 'More Reply Options' button...), one may Attach Files, using the 'Choose Files' button below the Edited Text box. Each file chosen there is added to your My Media collection.
To delete attachments no longer required, and liberate quota space...

Go to your 'My Profile' (your pseudo, top right...).
Select 'Edit my Profile' (black button a bit below...).
Select 'Manage Attachments' (in the list on the left...).
They are listed in date order. Navigate to oldest, select those to be deleted (tick boxes on the right...).
Select 'Delete Selected' (grey button at bottom right of list...).
Repeat, page by page, until all unwanted attachments are deleted.

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

Others hosting sites are similar (assuming use of a PC; I know nothing of other devices...). Hope this helps...

Also, if you have a Facebook account you can upload a photo there and then add it to a post by taking the URL of the photo and adding [ img ] before it and [ /img ] after it - no spaces... Just make sure that the privacy setting for the photo or the album it is in is set to Public.

You can use the same for any other photo on the web. E.g. From my Facebook...

[...img]https ://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12698181_10153741666230860_8197166403200525338_o.jpg[... /img]
(With redundant spaces and dots "..." to mess up the code and show the general format lose the dots and you get the image below)

Edited by TrevorR