Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Neck (Feeler)

Hi Chaps....

I'm seriously considering changing the Neck on my 2004 Ltd Ed Musicman Stingray to s Status Graphite neck.....

I'll be using the Hardware from the neck to put onto the Status..... so i'll have a mint condition Musicman Neck (Rosewood / Black Headstock Gold Lettering) sitting around doing nothing....

So..... if anyone wants to upgrade their SUB / OLP or change from a maple to a Rosewood this would do the Job !

Hope to order the neck tomorrow so it could be available as early as next week.....

Cheers

Mark

be careful mate, i considered selling my stingray 5's original neck when i upgraded, but decided against it as it would seriously effect the value of the stingray. only sell it if your gunna keep the ray and its status neck, id at least wait until its all fitted and your happy with it. you'll lose alot of cash if you sell the stingray with the status neck in the future

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='288571' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:02 PM']be careful mate, i considered selling my stingray 5's original neck when i upgraded, but decided against it as it would seriously effect the value of the stingray. only sell it if your gunna keep the ray and its status neck, id at least wait until its all fitted and your happy with it. you'll lose alot of cash if you sell the stingray with the status neck in the future[/quote]

Hmmmm...... possibly not bad advice !

Especially with my track record of buying / selling basses

Although with Stingray prices under pressure..... and the "Average" Ray going for around £700 on a good day, how much is there to lose ?

What would a Status Necked Ray be worth.... ? I know Kiwi's went for a stupidly low £500 on here 18 months ago but surely it's got to be worth more than that !

Stingrayfan's lovely Black Status / Ray's gotta be worth min £550 :)

ATB

Mark

[quote name='Marcus' post='288573' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:09 PM']Hmmmm...... possibly not bad advice !

Especially with my track record of buying / selling basses

Although with Stingray prices under pressure..... and the "Average" Ray going for around £700 on a good day, how much is there to lose ?

What would a Status Necked Ray be worth.... ? I know Kiwi's went for a stupidly low £500 on here 18 months ago but surely it's got to be worth more than that !

Stingrayfan's lovely Black Status / Ray's gotta be worth min £550 :)

ATB

Mark[/quote]

id never sell the neck with the stingray, always seperate as you lose too much cash, hence why its best to keep your neck, even more so since its a special edition. youl obviously lose any value you might have had by it being ltd. keep it mate, so you can restore your bass to original specs and get much more money back in the future. as i said, at least wait to see if your 100% happy with the carbon

[quote name='BassManKev' post='288585' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:20 PM']id never sell the neck with the stingray, always seperate as you lose too much cash, hence why its best to keep your neck, even more so since its a special edition. youl obviously lose any value you might have had by it being ltd. keep it mate, so you can restore your bass to original specs and get much more money back in the future. as i said, at least wait to see if your 100% happy with the carbon[/quote]

yeah all fair comment guys.....

I'll keep this thread as a feeler for now....

thinking about it, I'm really Gassing for a Black Ray with Graphite Neck so I think I'll end up keeping the Ltd Ed neck and when a Black Ray comes up I can swap necks and sell the LTD Ed as a complete instrument....

Suppose the ideal would be someone with a Black 3 Band Ray looking for a 2004 Ltd Ed Cherry Red Sparkle as a swap !! LOL !

Sounds like a whole new advert !!

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='288623' date='Sep 21 2008, 05:08 PM']I've got a picture somewhere of a black 'ray with a graphite neck and a non origanil p/up, without the exposed pole pieces, looks sweeeeet!

I need to find it for you!

Tony[/quote]

Yeah..... that'll help with the GAS !!! :)

look forward to seeing that !

[quote name='BassManKev' post='288571' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:02 PM']be careful mate, i considered selling my stingray 5's original neck when i upgraded, but decided against it as it would seriously effect the value of the stingray. only sell it if your gunna keep the ray and its status neck, id at least wait until its all fitted and your happy with it. you'll lose alot of cash if you sell the stingray with the status neck in the future[/quote]

Do you have any pics of your 'Status Ray' / I have a SR 5er and would possibly get a Status neck for it if it makes a big enough difference ??

Sorry I hope I'm not ' highjacking ' your thread !

Adrian

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='288577' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:12 PM']I would keep the neck, more so as it is a Ltd model![/quote]

+1

If it was a stock 'Ray, sure. But with a Ltd one, I'd be cautious. My thinking - you'd get more re-sale for the reconfigure Ltd 'Ray while selling the graph neck standalone than vice-versa.

[quote name='kevbucket' post='289020' date='Sep 22 2008, 10:42 AM']i love my all black cutlass !!!! soooo sexy !!!![/quote]

Get lost "BucketHeed" or i'll get my mate Colin to make it sound like a Gibson EBO FOH again :) (cost me £20 that did) :huh: