Why become a member? ×

Freeze or feedback loop?

Iheartreverb

Hi all,

I'm in a post rock/ instrumental band and there are some intro/ interludes and stuff where it's just minimal guitar stuff, pedal drones and help synth chords, I obviously want to participate! ...joking aside, it sounds a touch lacking if I don't provide low end presence.

My pedalboard is currently
Vol-tuner-drive-drive-fuzz-delay-delay-preamp-amp

So what would be better specifically for me to add continuous drone sprites than I can made down and change when needed?
I've seen feedback loop videos where it simply sends a constant signal through the board so I could add delay as needed and bring the volume pedal brown to bring in the next note (it's all gonna be pretty slow). But the I've read things about feedback loops that make them sound like a volatile and unpredictable beast. Which simply might be a bit much for me.

I could go down the freeze route. My only issue with that is I would have to turn the pedal off and fade down and then play the next note. At best, this practice doesn't seems as easy.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Of course I could set one of my delays to a really long setting and hope for the best.
I assume sending a constant signal through I could play around a bit more

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...