Why become a member? ×

TI Jazz flats - opinions

markdavid

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1454891231' post='2974000']
And if you're careful and play close to the neck, you can get a fair upright bass sound, too.
[/quote]

Yes, yes and yes :). I did a lot of gigs with a set on my Modulus, and got a lovely double bass like sound.

I have some on my Buzz and they are so unique in feel and sound. Had them for years and I find the tension has increased slightly, less of that floppy feel.

Was wondering about putting them on a 6 string 34.5 scale fretted which has magnetic and piezo pickups. Any thoughts?

[quote name='bootleg' timestamp='1455376839' post='2978595']
I have some on my Buzz and they are so unique in feel and sound. Had them for years and I find the tension has increased slightly, less of that floppy feel.

Was wondering about putting them on a 6 string 34.5 scale fretted which has magnetic and piezo pickups. Any thoughts?
[/quote]

I've never really found them to be floppy, but I've never tried any others.

I use them on my 6 string, get them from DV247 or thomann, they're about £30 less than anywhere else.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1455398780' post='2978878'] I've never really found them to be floppy, but I've never tried any others. I use them on my 6 string, get them from DV247 or thomann, they're about £30 less than anywhere else. [/quote]

By "floppy" I mean low tension. Thanks for tip on the deal.

[quote name='bootleg' timestamp='1455540043' post='2979960']
By "floppy" I mean low tension. Thanks for tip on the deal.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've read before that they're low tension. I've never had a chance to compare them with others though. I've also only ever used them on 35" scale basses, so that may make a difference.