Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

walplayer

[quote name='overwater#1' post='287289' date='Sep 19 2008, 12:59 PM']Ahh superb..! I will be intrigued to see this go, as it might give me a rough value for the one I currently have here in sunburst.[/quote]

I say again, oh my. When you say sunburst, is that the one that gradates from a red-ish/orange-ish tone to a near black? If so, that's the finish I had.

[quote name='walplayer' post='287196' date='Sep 19 2008, 11:50 AM']This is a lovely old Wal,but also has to go sadly.
November 1980 ,2 pick up active,finished in black,will get some pics up,(is pretty much the same looks as the one in silverfoxniks avatar) ,welcome to come view it.Some small lacquer cracks in the black but overall stunning and fairing very well for 28 yrs old!!

£1400 Pm me any interest

Cheers
Pete[/quote]
Look forward to seeing the photos Pete!

I'm sorry to hear you're selling such a lovely vintage bass, but I'm assuming that it's for impossible to avoid and urgent reasons....

Are you going to post it up on the Walbassesnaturaly group on Yahoo as well? There was a guy on there looking for a Pro 2e very recently IIRC. Good luck with the sale!

Nik

[quote name='walplayer' post='287711' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:57 PM']Here's a few pics ,am not the greatest photographer but did me best

[/quote]
That looks to be in pretty good condition!

As you probably know, sometimes the lacquer tends to develop cracks around the machine heads, but that doesn't seem to be the case with yours Pete...

Very nice indeed :)

[quote name='walplayer' post='287758' date='Sep 19 2008, 11:44 PM']Thanks Nik
It does have one off the E string machinehead on the back but you can hardly see it.(as well as a few other little dings and lacquer crazing)and yeah you often see them.
Bein the trainspotter i am,i came up with this theory for them happening :)
There's two little prongs on the m4s machine heads that go into the head,these snap easy if the machinehead is lose and takes a knock ,which often leads people to overtighten them,as there's still movement once they've snapped.
Pete[/quote]
Sounds like it could be feasible, though I've seen the cracks on other parts of the lacquer away from the machine head, so who knows? Whatever the cause, your bass seems pretty clear of them and overall, in very good condition considering it's age...

What are the electrics like?

[quote name='walplayer' post='288264' date='Sep 20 2008, 09:56 PM']All working fine,it's had pots replaced by Wal few yrs back,got the old pots an note off Wal in a little bag. Very powerful output on these things,i find i have to keep the pick ups lowered.[/quote]
I know what you mean; I've never heard a bass with louder output (though I'm sure there are some somewhere..).. Good move getting the pots replaced as they do go eventually..

Is this your only Wal or do you have a few to keep you company after this one sells?

[quote name='mgauction' post='293169' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:21 PM']I just noted that you posted this on the Wal Yahoo site. Very nice! I wish you the best of luck?[/quote]
Hi Mike

Looks like a really nice one, doesn't it?

We have our South East Bass Bash tomorrow in Surrey - shame you're not here in the UK as it would've been great to see you!

Hope all's well with you...

Bummer. Not this year, Nik. Dollar is horrible and America is at a halt at the moment with the economy on the brink....Always great to hear from you! I am off to Las Vegas for the wife's birthday tomorrow, doing my part to pump back cash into the economy :) . Did you see a couple of days ago a Wal Mach 11 sell for $5200! Have an excellent time at the Bash! .....and keep in touch!