Why become a member? ×

Headless body-less basses.

Paul S

I have B2A fretted and fretless. Love them both dearly, but the playing position is odd until you get used to them. I tried a Steinberger last weekend, don't know what it was but it was similar ro the B2A and 5 string, weighed a ton with a
really thick body, but at least it had the strap extender on it so would sit on you more like a horned bass. Always liked the sound of mine until I changed from another bass to the fretless B2 during a rehearsal a couple of weeks ago, and it sounded really flat even in active mode. Fair enough, being fretless it has flats on, be it sounded rubbish and I didn't have time to mess around with it at the time. I shall be taking another look at it soon.

• 4 weeks later...

You can move the strap peg on the B2 so it hangs rather better. I will be doing this to mine when I get a round tuit, which is what I also need to finish soldering the jack socket back on after replacing the preamp (didn't like VV and stacked B/T or the active/passive toggle switch which is easily broken so went for a Tone Monster with push/pull active and vol, blend, stacked B/T).