Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

spare parts - more items added

[s][b]Reflex Red J pups w/ pre amp.[/b] Took these out of a great sounding and fully working bass to try out in a project bass but couldn't remember how to wire it back up properly (me and Neepheid spent an evening on this and couldn't work it out). I don't know if the pre is shot or what but impatience got the better of me and I went out and bought a new set of passives for the project and put these in the cupboard. I've included the original pots but considering the amount of soldering that went on that night you'd probably be better off with newies. [b]£15[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]3 big chrome dome knobs[/b] - metal (not plastic) with side screws.[b] £10[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]4 black dome knobs[/b] - metal (not plastic) with side screws.[b] £10[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]black J control plate[/b]. - unused from CH Guitars. [b]£6[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]chrome J control plate[/b] - used (see scratch)[b] £2[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]black bridge 4 string[/b] - used for one night then removed to refinish the body (still under construction). Conventional or through body options. [b]£10[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[s][b]4 black elephant-ear machine heads[/b] - used on the same night (as above). Regular Fender/MM spacings. [b]£10[/b][/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

[b]Actual postage[/b] will be added. Bank transfer is my preferred mode of payment but PayPal is an option.

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='neepheid' post='286606' date='Sep 18 2008, 01:37 PM']Oh no, not those blasted pickups again! I had only recently stopped having nightmares about them, thanks a lot mate :)[/quote]
'Fraid so. They're destined for someone with better skills than you or I (or with a pre amp).
Either that or I'm coming to waggle them in front of your bedroom window the next thunderstorm we get. Wooooooooooh!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='289205' date='Sep 22 2008, 02:50 PM']Bump - items added.

And a reminder that these pups sound real nice (think EMG) but are quiet w/out the pre-amp.[/quote]

argh... now you've added black tuners and bridge...

question, would the tuners fit my Squier VMJ? and is the black bridge a drop in replacement for a normal Fender 4 string bridge?

If yes to either or both, then I'd like to stick my name in for applicable item(s)

I'm currently "toning down" my VMJ by making it black and maple. Got black strings on and proper Fender knobs... the control plate is already on order...

argh... you've got to be fast here, that PM wasn't there when I started this post... :)

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='289223' date='Sep 22 2008, 03:20 PM']argh... now you've added black tuners and bridge...

question, would the tuners fit my Squier VMJ? and is the black bridge a drop in replacement for a normal Fender 4 string bridge?

If yes to either or both, then I'd like to stick my name in for applicable item(s)

I'm currently "toning down" my VMJ by making it black and maple. Got black strings on and proper Fender knobs... the control plate is already on order...

argh... you've got to be fast here, that PM wasn't there when I started this post... :)[/quote]

Yup dude, PM first ask quetions later. :huh:
Sadly for you Raggy pipped you to the post. Just for the record, I think the tuners almost definitely would have fitted but as for the bridge dropping in I can't say (I don't have a [b]real[/b] Fender at hand).

[b]Raggy [/b]: just trying to work out the postage - I'll be in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='289223' date='Sep 22 2008, 03:20 PM']argh... now you've added black tuners and bridge...

argh... you've got to be fast here, that PM wasn't there when I started this post... :)[/quote]

Good luck with the VMJ, I did exactly the same to mine a few months ago and stuck on all black hardware and a BassAss II, and now I bloody loves it!
Take a peek at mine.... (oo-er!)

(And its got a plastic teddy bear I found in a supermarket car park on the head to give it extra mojo)

I'd be very tempted to the Jazz Pups if I knew a damn thing about putting the buggers in, but alas my soldering knowledge is very limited. By limited I actually mean I have none... :huh:

Best of luck though amigo.

Edited by BassJase

[quote name='BassJase' post='300334' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:50 AM']Good luck with the VMJ, I did exactly the same to mine a few months ago and stuck on all black hardware and a BassAss II, and now I bloody loves it!
Take a peek at mine.... (oo-er!)

(And its got a plastic teddy bear I found in a supermarket car park on the head to give it extra mojo)

I'd be very tempted to the Jazz Pups if I knew a damn thing about putting the buggers in, but alas my soldering knowledge is very limited. By limited I actually mean I have none... :)

Best of luck though amigo.[/quote]
Looks sweet Jase, very contemporary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...