Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton neck size question

paulnb57

I have a desire to make a partscaster bass inspired by the Dusty Hill signature 51 P Bass. So I will need a left hand Jazz neck....then mod the head to Tele shape, etc, etc........anyroadup......

I have already got a Harley Benton PB Short scale and the neck on it is not too bad, needed a fret dress etc, but not too bad.....so Im considering buying a complete LH HB Jazzer, mainly for the neck, so, can anyone tell me please, if a HB 34inch scale neck is made to the same dimensions as the Fender equivalent? I suppose the important dimensions I need are the size of the neck heel.....

Cheers!

Paul

Edited by paulnb57

I have a HB 75 Jazz from a couple of years back. The neck seems to be made to roughly the same dimensions as a 70s Fender Jazz.

I measured mine up recently because I'm getting a custom made soon and like the dimensions on this neck.[list]
[*]Nut width 38.1mm
[*]Depth just behind 1st fret 20mm
[*]Depth just behind 12th fret 23mm
[/list]
However my sister recently bought the same bass and the neck feels different (thicker) to me. I've not measured it though and so don't know for sure.

Hugh