Why become a member? ×

Dee Dee Ramone Sig vs Mex Standard P

P_bass_1983

Hi guys I've been reading up on the Dee Dee Ramone Sigature Precision and it seems as though it's not much different to a Mexican Standard Precision. Are you really paying £100's extra for the signature and fancy neck plate or is there more to it than that? If anyone's owned both and can do a straight comparison that would be great.
Are other precisions in that price range that are much better? USA P a bit too expensive for me at the moment.
Cheers
Paul

If you want the 70s White maple thing don't be afraid to check out the Squier Matt Freeman. I've owned MIM Ps previously and this blows them out the water, for a seriously good price £396ish new. It's also has a yellow neck tint and lovely rolled edges on fingerboard. I've got one with a SD fitted and it's awesome

I've got one mate, and I love it! My one has a Fender custom vintage 59 pickup from the Mike Dirnt signature (I play in a Green Day tribute band) I wanted to upgrade to Fender as that's what Dirnt plays but don't wanna break the bank. Don't want to part with the MF though! In fact I was thinking about trading my white one for a black one.
You're so right tho, awesome bass

I`ve always found the MIMs to be good enough basses, but the post 2012 ones are really very good indeed. I`ve had a few, still got one, and yes, my US is better, but there`s not much in it. If I`m honest, for my needs the MIM is more than enough but there`s just this "hoodoo" that haunts me and says I must have a US. Daft really, I gigged the MIM for a couple of months and it was more than up to the job. Maybe I lucked out but I`d take a look at the post 2012 MIMs before considering the higher range ones.